We aim to make a positive difference both locally and globally. Golden Key chapters perform more than 200,000 community service hours each year. Giving is an art, and Golden Key members are privileged to enjoy this art in a number of ways, from local service events to events on a global scale. In July 2014, Golden Key unveiled its new service initiative called SPARK a Change. The SPARK a Change initiative is designed to harness the power of Golden Key members around the world to impact and improve the lives of at-risk youth.
SPARK a Change
The mission of SPARK a Change is to impact and improve the lives of at-risk youth (ages 0-17) through literacy, education and real-world preparedness. By 2017, Golden Key aims to raise $40,000, dedicate 400,000 hours of service and impact 400,000 lives in local communities & around the world. In order to accomplish this goal, Golden Key chapters across the world will host their own SPARK events throughout the year (with a focus on SPARK Month in October). For more about SPARK a Change, please visit https://www.goldenkey.org/programs-privileges/service/.
*Service Events for 2014-2015 will be announced soon!*
See photos from all our service activities on Facebook!
Spring 2014 Chapter Service:
- Book Drive: Collecting books of any type for Better World Books all semester long
- February: Assembling and decorating bags for Children's Dental Health Awareness Month
- March: Making bookmarks for Read Across America & Magazine drive
- April: Putting together Easter eggs & an Animal supply drive (GYSD)
Fall 2013 Chapter Service Events:
- September: School supply drive for HomeFront-Lawrenceville
- October: Halloween goody bags for Trenton Area Soup Kitchen (TASK)
- November: Socks for Soldiers & making cards for soldiers
- Decemeber: Food drive for TASK & making E.S.L. flashcards
Global Youth Service Day 2014:
- Our chapter hosted an Animal Supply Drive benefitting the local Ewing Animal Shelter! In April we collected a variety of supplies for the adorable kitties and pups!
Make a Difference Day 2013:
- This year for Make a Difference Day our chapter participated in APO's Feed Our Friends 5K and Fun Walk on Sunday, October 13th! Thanks to all who took part!
A Look at Past & Ongoing Chapter Service Events
Bag Lunches for Trenton Area Soup Kitchen: Enthusiastic members prepared over 50 lunches for the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen, a local organization dedicated to assisting the homeless in our community and others in need.
Community Fest: Our chapter volunteered at Community Fest, an open event hosted by the Township of Ewing offering games, crafts, and vendors. Members assisted with the set up, running, and clean up of the day’s exciting events.
Graduate School Workshop: As seniors prepared for graduatation and underclassmen considered their post-undergrad paths, TCNJ Golden Key co-hosted a graduate school workshop with Residential Education featuring a presentation by TCNJ’s Career Services.
School Supply Drive: The school supplies collected during our month-long drive benefitted an after-school tutoring program at Monument Elementary School in Trenton, NJ. The program is run by Dr. Helene Anthony, an honorary Golden Key member.